What is Casual Friday?
It’s Casual Friday – TGIF! Thank you God it’s Friday! If God is extra merciful to you, your office adopting the trend about casual Fridays.
Casual Friday is a Western dress code trend. Since the late 20th century some business offices ease their dress code to a more relaxed style on Fridays. It has since spread to other parts of the world. Businesses that normally require employees to wear suits, dress shirts, and neckties, may allow more casual wear on Fridays.
This trend has its origin from Hawaii’s custom of Aloha Friday which slowly spread east to California. Continuing to spread around the globe until the 1990s when it became known as Casual Friday. Nowadays Hawaii Aloha Wear is worn as business attire for any day of the week in Hawaii. Aloha Friday is generally used to refer to the last day of the workweek.
The casual Friday clothing
What to wear. You have to be careful when choosing your outfit for casual Friday. Here are some tips on what is generally appropriate:
- Pressed khakis or dark wash jeans look nice and give you a clean, fresh look.
- Fitted shirts or button-front blouses with a jacket give you polish and a professional look.
- Carry your standard professional briefcase or tote.
- Our t-shirt.
What to NOT wear. There are some things that you should not wear to the office on casual Friday:
- Many companies have a safety policy that dictates no special footwear, and this includes casual Friday. Find out whether it is okay to wear sneakers.
- Jeans with holes take away from your professionalism. Even if they were ripped with intention, they’re still not appropriate for the office. When choosing jeans to wear at the office, make sure they are in good condition.
- Clothing that bares your midriff or underwear is never appropriate.
- Leggings and skin-tight stretchy pants with a short top are never appropriate for the office, so don’t wear them.
- Workout clothes or sweatpants are too casual for business.
- Leave your T-shirts with sayings home, unless the company has a day designated for that. You never know when a saying will offend someone, and that can cost your company business. You can still use t-shirts without sayings. Like our suit t-shirt for example.
- Casual tank tops are never appropriate for the office, even on casual Friday, unless you wear them for support under another shirt.
- Never wear revealing clothing made with thin fabric or with plunging necklines.
- Be cautious about wearing shorts to the office. Shorts may be okay in Los Angeles, but NOT in Hong Kong.
Our special designed t-shirt
Our special designed t-shirt is so brilliant that you use it every day in the office. Because it looks like a suit you can wear it every day and look like a businessman or businesswoman. Just don’t get too close to your boss.
The design is available on the following clothes:
The products are available to buy at:
Did you like this post?
Please, click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 4.9 / 5. Vote count: 7